- Abstract Product Id
- Concrete Product Id
The ZIPP 303 Firecrest™ rear wheel embodies the search for the perfect all-round wheel using classic rim brakes. The result is one of the most versatile wheels that has proven itself in the toughest of competitions. It scores points with its fantastic aerodynamics and stiffness, as well as its simplicity, low weight, and excellent brake performance - all thanks to the ZIPP Showstopper™ technology. Whether on a mountain or a flat plain, the 303 Firecrest™ carbon rear wheel is at its best wherever it goes.
For the 2021 model, ZIPP has given its beloved jack-of-all-trades a new look, with a larger inner rim width, simple tubeless compatibility, and a new hub.
The hand-made, high-end carbon rims from Indianapolis have a symmetric, 45 mm high Firecrest™ rim profile that is especially designed for the high demands of competitions and sports the redesigned ZIPP logo. Thanks to the ABLC™ dimples on the rim flanks, the wheel has excellent aerodynamic properties, as well as very high side wind stability (AeroBalance™).
It is tubeless-ready and has a inner rim width of 19 mm, so the ZIPP 303 Firecrest™ can handle the modern trend towards wider road bike tyres, while also providing low rolling resistance, increased comfort, and improved grip when riding tubeless. The middle of the wheel features the German-built ZIPP ZR1 rear hub with an improved seal and a freewheel with 66 points of engagement and 6 pawls.
This ensures direct feedback and explosive propulsion.
• Firecrest™ technology: The rim profile has rounded edges with a consistent width - this counteracts crosswinds and lets you control your wheel better.
• Showstopper™ technology: Rim flanges with directional texture and integrated silicone carbide particles for maximum brake performance under any conditions.
• ABLC SawTooth™ technology (Aerodynamic Boundary Layer Control): Thanks to the many small nodes on the rim’s outer surface, the aerodynamic balance is optimised and crosswinds stability is improved.
• Rim material: carbon (UD finish)
• Rim type: clincher
• Rim profile: hooked rims, symmetric
• Dimensions: 28" / 700C
• ETRTO: 622 x 19 C
• Carbon rim flanges
• Rim width/height: approx. 27 mm / 45 mm
• Inner rim width: 19 mm
• Tubeless ready
• For Presta valve (Ø 6.5 mm)
• Max. tyre pressure: 8.62 bar (125 PSI)
• Spoke type: SAPIM CX-Sprint J-Bend Aero spokes
• Number of spokes: 24
• Spoke pattern: 2-cross
• Spoke nipples: Sapim Secure Lock (aluminium)
• Hub type: ZR1
• 4 sealed cartridge bearings
• Sealed, maintenance-free bearings – doesn’t require preload
• For rim brakes
• Freewheel: pawl system (6 pawls, 5.45° degree engagement)
• Compatible with 8/9/10/11-speed SHIMANO / SRAM
• Front hub spacing: 5 x 130 mm (quick release)
• Maximum recommended rider’s weight: 113 kg
• Weight: approx. 842 g
In the box:
• 1 ZIPP 303 Firecrest™ carbon rear road bike wheel 2021
The carbon rim flanges should only be used with brake pads made for carbon rims.
- Material: carbon:
- Tubeless ready:
- Manufacturer`s ref.:
- 5 x 130 mm
- Freehub body:
- Shimano/compatible with Shimano/SRAM